Joachim (Achim) Wackerow, current member of the DDI Scientific Board, is retiring from GESIS at the end of February and will no longer be able to serve as an official member on the Scientific Board. Achim's term runs through June 2023. According to the DDI Bylaws, "Any member vacancy will be filled by election as soon as possible and that member will begin serving when elected for the remainder of the vacating member's term."
The Scientific Board is seeking nominations to fill Achim's vacancy. Representatives from Members and Associate Members of the Alliance are eligible to serve as elected members of the Scientific Board. If you are interested in serving, or know of someone else who would make a good candidate, please email me (email@example.com) by 28 February 2022. We will hold an election in March to fill the vacancy.
The Scientific Board is the scientific and technical body of the Alliance and represents the Scientific Community. The purposes of the Scientific Board are to:
- Provide direction and coordination in the development of the substantive content of the DDI standards and other work products of the Alliance by its sub-committees and working groups within the context of the Alliance Strategic Plan.
- Implement the scientific work plan agreed at the Annual Meeting of the Scientific Community.
- Oversee the substantive content of DDI standards and other work products.
- Undertake research and testing concerning proposals for DDI standards and other work products.
- Develop and promulgate best practices for use of DDI standards and work products.
- Assess progress and barriers to progress.
- Provide a report on progress of the scientific work plan over the previous year, and proposals for the future scientific direction and related activities to the Annual Meeting of the Scientific Community.
Feel free to reach out to Ingo Barkow and Hilde Orten, Scientific Board Chair and Vice Chair, or me with questions.
Executive Director, DDI Alliance
ICPSR, University of Michigan