The Scientific Board is the scientific and technical body of the Alliance. The purposes of the Scientific Board are to:
- Contribute to the substantive content of DDI standards and semantic products and approve major version revisions.
- Evaluate technical proposals through the Alliance standards review process.
- Undertake research and testing concerning proposals for DDI standards and semantic products.
- Develop and promulgate best practices for use of DDI standards and semantic products.
- Assess progress and barriers to progress.
- Suggest future directions and activities for the Alliance.
Current Members of the Scientific Board:
The Scientific Board is composed of Member and Associate Member organization designated representatives. The Executive Director is an ex‐officio member, without vote.
Members of the Scientific Board elect a Chair and Vice Chair from among themselves for a term of three years. The Chair and Vice Chair are eligible for re-election.
Joachim Wackerow, GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Vice ChairIngo Barkow, HTW Chur
Please see the DDI Alliance Membership List.
Scientific Board Meeting Minutes
- June 1, 2019 -- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- May 28, 2018 -- Montreal, Quebec, Canada (minutes forthcoming)
- May 22, 2017 -- Lawrence, Kansas, U.S.A. (minutes forthcoming)
- May 30, 2016 -- Bergen, Norway (minutes forthcoming)
- June 1, 2015 -- Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- June 2, 2014 -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada