Last Revision Date — March 2021
The DDI Alliance recognizes and values the privacy of its community members and guests.
How Your Information is Collected
We generally collect personal information when you or your organization directly provide it to us, including when registering as new DDI Alliance members and/or to designate member, scientific, and technical representatives.
When visiting https://ddialliance.org/, we use “cookies” to enhance your user experience. Cookies are files that store your preferences and other information about your visit to our web site. See details about Google’s usage of cookies.
What Information is Collected
Personal information we collect may include:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
We may contact you via email and ask you to verify/update your information. Individuals subscribed to e-newsletters and marketing communications may opt-out using the prompts in those communications.
When visiting our website, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The IP address of the computer you used to access our website (for example, 18.104.22.168). This IP address is often translated into a domain name, such as stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University's domain.
- Geographic coordinates based upon your IP address. These coordinates usually describe the location of your provider (such as Stanford University) rather than the actual location of your computer.
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you visited
- The address of the website you came from when you visited our site
- The operating system of your computer
- The version and type of Web browser you use when you visit our website
You can adjust your session cookies through your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How Your Information is Used
We use the personal information we collect to support:
- Administrative tasks, such as responding to service requests
- Engagement, such as managing event registration and promotion
- Planning and reporting, such as tracking impact of activities
- Website performance, such as making improvements to site navigation and content.
How Your Information is Shared
The DDI Alliance does not sell your information to third parties, and does not share it with third parties for purposes other than supporting the legitimate interests and operations of the DDI Alliance.
How Information Is Secured
The DDI Alliance recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of the information it collects and maintains, and we endeavor to protect information from unauthorized access and damage. The DDI Alliance strives to ensure reasonable security measures are in place, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Whom to Contact with Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions about our practices around the use of personal information, please contact the DDI Alliance Secretariat.
CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Science Council) kindly shared with the DDI Alliance an example data privacy statement Template that can be used when organizing events. For an example of the template in use, please see the 2020 FAIR Convergance Symposium data privacy statement.