The DDI Alliance is soliciting nominations for members of the recently restructured DDI Scientific Board. Nominations may be sent directly to Jared Lyle, Executive Director, DDI Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit your nominations by 7 December 2020. In early December, the Alliance membership will elect the members of the Scientific Board.
The purposes of the Scientific Board are to:
- Provide direction and coordination in the development of the substantive content of the DDI standards and other work products of the Alliance by its sub-committees and working groups within the context of the Alliance Strategic Plan.
- Implement the scientific work plan agreed at the Annual Meeting of the Scientific Community.
- Oversee the substantive content of DDI standards and other work products.
- Undertake research and testing concerning proposals for DDI standards and other work products.
- Develop and promulgate best practices for use of DDI standards and work products.
- Assess progress and barriers to progress.
- Provide a report on progress of the scientific work plan over the previous year, and proposals for the future scientific direction and related activities to the Annual Meeting of the Scientific Community.
The restructured Scientific Board will be composed of seven voting members elected by the Members of the Alliance. For the initial election, three will be elected for two-year terms and four for four-year terms; all terms will start 1 January 2021 and run through 30 June of their respective term periods. The Executive Director and Chair of the Technical Committee shall serve as ex‐officio members, without internal vote, of the Scientific Board. Representatives from Members and Associate Members of the Alliance are eligible to serve as elected members of the Scientific Board. A majority of the elected members of the Scientific Board must be from Member Organizations.