CALL FOR PAPERS
11th Annual European DDI User Conference (EDDI19), DDI - The Basis of Managing the Data Life Cycle
- Submission Deadline: September 1, 2019, 23:59 CEST
- Place: Tampere, Finland
- Date: December 3/4, 2019
- Hosts: Finnish Social Science Data Archive, Tampere University, Statistics Finland
- Conference web page: http://www.eddi-conferences.
EDDI19 is organized jointly by the Finnish Social Science Data Archive, Tampere University, Statistics Finland, GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences and IDSC of IZA - International Data Service Center of the Institute for the Study of Labor.
The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) is an international standard for describing the data produced by surveys and other observational methods in the social, behavioural, economic, and health sciences.
The meeting will bring together DDI users and professionals from all over Europe and the world. Anyone interested in developing, applying, or using DDI is invited to attend and present.
Call for Papers
We are seeking presentations, talks, papers, posters on all things DDI:
- Case Studies
- Mature implementations
- Early Implementations
- Interplay of DDI with other standards or technologies
- Projects in early phases in which DDI is under consideration
- Critiques of DDI
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- User Needs, Efficient Infrastructures and Improved Quality
- Official Statistics
- Reusing and Sharing Metadata
- Data Harmonization
- Incentives to Document Data
- Open Data and Linked Open Data
- Privacy and Access Control
- Metadata versus Data and Related Ethics
- Software / Tools
Proposals are welcome for multiple content types and presentation forms.
- Scientific Method
- Impact for the Community
- Project Report
- Complete Session
- Full Paper
- Regular Presentation
- Short Presentation
- Poster/Software Demonstration
Other Submission Types
- Tutorial or Workshop
- Side Meeting
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please have a look at the overview on submissions and use the online submission system of the conference (opens on 23.05.).
- The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2019, 23:59 CEST.
- Please have a look at the Call for Paper page for further details.
- Please consider to indicate your availability as reviewer as well.
- For more information, see the conference web site at http://www.eddi-conferences.
- The Program Committee strategically develops, creates and organizes the program.
- The Organization Committee coordinates the onsite work.
- For questions or any other correspondence regarding the Call for Papers of EDDI18, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last year's program is available at the EDDI18 website.
For more information about the EDDI conference series and details on the previous EDDI conferences, look at http://www.eddi-conferences.
We look forward to welcoming you to EDDI2019 in Tampere!
Mari Kleemola and Jon Johnson (co-chairs)
on behalf of the EDDI19 Program Committee