The DDI Training Group welcomes two new co-chairs: Jane Fry (Carleton University) and Anja Perry (GESIS Data Archive for the Social Sciences). They replace Amber Leahey (Scholars Portal), who served as chair for four years. The DDI Alliance is very grateful for the time and effort Amber put into training activities.
The mission of the Training group is to:
- Introduce people to DDI and improve people's competence in working with DDI
- Gear training to specific audiences
- Develop expertise within the community for training purposes
- Maintain a training library with updated training material for reuse
To fulfill this mission, the group is taking the following steps in the next year:
- Complete sets of training material based on the output of a Train-the-Trainer Workshop at Dagstuhl in 2018 and add them to the Training Library for reuse.
- Recruit new members for the group and additional instructors to be able to teach DDI to a wider audience.
- Identify conferences and further outlets where DDI teaching can take place and set up a yearly teaching schedule.
- Use GO FAIR to further promote DDI through training events.