The DDI Alliance (http://www.ddialliance.org/) is pleased to announce the Public Review of DDI-Codebook (Version 2.6). DDI-Codebook is a more light-weight version of the DDI suite of products, intended primarily to document the content, meaning, provenance, and access for a single data set. DDI-Codebook remains in wide use by social science data repositories and by the International Household Survey Network (IHSN), and continues to be maintained and updated by the DDI Alliance.
This new version of the DDI specification includes important updates and new content, including:
- Personal identifiers within the Citations section
- Clearer and more consistent approach to the use of external controlled vocabularies
- Better support for Structured Data Transformation Language (SDTL)
- Improved documentation at the element level
- High-level information for managing identification, controlled vocabularies, geospatial content, and other cross-element usage
Links to the review package and instructions for comment are found at: https://ddi-alliance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DDI4/pages/2848718849/Public+Review+-+Codebook+Version+2.6
We are eager to obtain feedback from a broad community on this specification. The comment period is open until October 31, 2022, and we hope to hear from you!