The DDI Technical Committee is asking for ideas and thoughts on the identification and use of implementation languages in the DDI suite of products.
The purpose of the this is to:
- Identify priority implementation languages for DDI products (e.g. RDF, JSON, UML, XML, etc.)
- Identify style options for implementation languages
- Mappings to produce syntax representations
- Moving from conceptual models to serialization
- What aspects of implementation should be consistent
- Document options, decisions, and reasoning
- Provide guidance for variation from the agreed model
- based on applied use of product
- what needs to be noted and how (e.g. a consistent expression of exceptions and reasons)
There will be several ways to get involved, including:
- Email ideas, proposals and thoughts to the DDI Technical Committee Chair, Wendy Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the consultation and requirements gathering meeting on 2 December in Paris (after the European DDI User Conference)
If you wish to attend the meeting on 2 December, registration is not mandatory, but it would be helpful to know, for numbers.
A workshop will be held on 5-6 December 2022 in Paris, France to produce a workplan and recommendations arising from the consultation.