Turn your data into open data! SledgeHammer is a powerful tool that facilitates the transofrmation of data across popular proprietary, text, and database formats, and the extraction/generation standards based metadata.
- Reading data and extracting metadata from: Stata, SPSS, SAS, DDI+ASCII, Stat/Transfer+ASCII,SQL
- Transforming data into ASCII text format (fixed, csv, delimited), with various optimizations
- Producing standard metadata from input files. Supported specifications include DDI-Codebook (1.0-2.1 and 2.5), DDI LifeCycle (3.1-3.2), and Triple-SSS (1.1, 2.0)
- Computing summary statistics at the variable and category levels for inclusion in DDI or for other purposes. Summary statistics include minimum, maximum, average, standard deviation, count of missing values, weighted and unweighted frequencies
- Generating scripts for reading ASCII data into R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Mathematica Notebook, Berkeley SDA, and various flavors of SQL (MS-SQL, MySql, MonetDB,PostgreSQL,Oracle, Vertica, HSQLDB). The database scripts support the creation of database schemas along with bulk loading of the ASCII data.
Conversion among DDI
DDI from software
Open Data Packaging
No longer available
Other system requirements:
Imports DDI XML:
Exports DDI XML: