- DDI-Lifecycle Development History
- DDI-Lifecycle Schema and Documentation
- Understanding DDI-Lifecycle
- License and Credits
- DDI 3.0 to 3.1 Mapping
DDI-Lifecycle Development History
The current DDI-Lifecycle specification, DDI 3.1 reflects (1) the correction of bugs identified by implementers using DDI 3.0, and (2) the resolution of the final URN structure to ensure persistent URNs for all identified elements. Note that DDI 3.1 is not backward compatible with DDI 3.0. A change file in the download package identifies all changes, including which changes were backward compatible and the steps to take to move DDI 3.0 instances to DDI 3.1.
On May 25, 2009, the DDI Alliance Expert Committee voted to publish the DDI 3.1 specification following minor corrections and resolution of the URN structure. DDI 3.0 was published on October 18, 2009.
DDI-Lifecycle Schema and Documentation
- Technical Specification, DDI 3.1 (2009-10-18), full download package including
- Part I - Overview
- Part II - User Guide
- Part III - Model (not included in this version)
- Part IV XML Schema files and field-level documentation
- Prior releases of DDI-Lifecycle Schemas
- DDI-Lifecycle 3.1 Bug tracker
- DDI-Lifecycle Developers Preview (registration required)
The XML Schema files of DDI-Lifecycle are also available for online usage.
- Linked Field-Level documentation (also included in the full download package)
- Downloadable Windows Help File for off-line usage (forthcoming). Features: navigation bar, full text search, linked visualization
- DDI Help Center (forthcoming)
- Supplementary documentation
- XML Schema Tutorial -- A WC3 resource for learning about schemas
- UML Tutorial (MSWord) -- A short guide to Universal Modeling Language using the SDMX information model
License and Credits
DDI 3.1 XML Schema is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
DDI 3.1 XML Schema is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. See also the GNU General Public License Web site.
Other DDI documents are distributed under Creative Commons licenses.
The development of DDI-Lifecycle 3.1 draws on earlier DDI versions and work of the committees and individuals who developed them as well as the collective ideas, needs, and work of the Expert Committee of the DDI Alliance. Major contributions to DDI-L 3.1 were made by many individuals and organizations.
DDI Lifecycle 3.0 to 3.1 Mapping
The specification file contains a change document which lists all changes, whether they are backward compatible, and the changes required to move from 3.0 to 3.1.